Thursday, March 25, 2010

Start writing this blog in English

From today, I would like to write this blog in English as frequently as possible. The reason why I try to do so is that I have a strong sense of urgency that we Japanese must be globalized as soon as possible. By writing this in English, I can train myself to express my opinion, thoughts in English and I will be able to have the feeling that I am connected to the world by writing this blog.
Why English? English is surely a global language in this world, and will be staying in that position in 10 to 30 years in the future too. Some people say that Chinese will be the next global language, but I do not think so. China will surely become a world superpower within 5 years from now, but Chinese language is quite difficult to learn especially for Western people.
How about Japanese? Never be the global language. Keep on writing this blog in Japanese means that I send my message or thoughts only to 120 million Japanese people. Off course I do not think my opinion is precious enough for global stage, but trying is always better than not trying.

Kazuteru Kodera

No comments:

Post a Comment